About the OFATV
To have one trail access model available, from one sustainable organization that represents the interests of recreational ATVers in Ontario.
About the OFATV
The Ontario Federation of All-Terrain Vehicle Clubs (OFATV) is a not-for profit volunteer driven association that along with support staff provides resources to our member clubs so that together, we are able to strengthen the public’s perception and the position; that our clubs strive to provide responsible, safe, legal, and environmentally friendly trails, for riding all-terrain vehicles (ATVs & ROVs) in the province of Ontario.
Why the OFATV
Municipalities and Land Owners
The OFATV is recognized as a responsible, safe and sustainable trail steward across the province. We have experience working with many townships, municipalities and cities across the province and provide $15 million dollar third party liability insurance to our land owners and other partners. The OFATV regularly works with the Ministry of Transportation and Ministry of Tourism Culture and Sport, as well as the Canadian Off Highway Vehicle Manufacturers and other industry groups such as the Canadian Quad Council, the Canadian AQCC Safety Institute and the Ontario Quad Safety Council. Our experience and proven track record make partnering with the OFATV to develop trails, grow the sport and provide riders access to amenities such as food lodging and fuel and easy one.
- We have developed by far the most affordable insurance package for ATV Clubs in the province of Ontario, with the added bonus of virtually no mileage limitations. You can now approach Land Owners giving them the comfort of knowing that you have insurance in place to protect them.Proper insurance is the key to finally being able to create a trail network across Ontario
Policy and Guidelines:
- The OFATV believes the future of utilizing a trail in the outdoors is directly related to how clubs and its members use it today. Our guidelines will promote safe and responsible riding on trails and protect our environment at the same time.
- Our trained Wardens will keep the trails enjoyable and safe for all of our members by enforcing OFATV policies and guidelines.
- Trails that are properly signed by following the OFATV approved signage package will ensure the safety of everyone utilizing our trail system.
- We participate in a number of trade shows every year promoting the OFATV and our Clubs. Each club is invited to display their banner and newsletter at the trade show.
Referrals to Your Club:
- Our participation in Trade show, Magazine Advertising, Website Exposure, Word of Mouth, etc. creates a lot of membership requests. These members are referred to the clubs closest to their area. Support From Other OFATV Clubs Our Existing clubs are able to share their experience in areas you may need assistance.
- You get to meet the gang at the AGM every year.
- Administration will be happy to contact any or all clubs for you get answers to your questions.
The OFATV Network:
- Club listing on the OFATV website and network
- Club Events and Rides posted in the OFATV Calendar
- Club Website Support and Services available
Constant Contact and Support With All Levels of Government:
- The OFATV is in constant communication with all levels of government and a strong partner in many projects such as Bill 11. The OFATV in fact played a major role in the implementation of Bill 11. We have since been in contact with every Municipality and Township regarding the by-laws offering our assistance wherever it is needed. We are also in touch with all Ministry of Natural Resource offices participating in the Ontario Living Legacy programs and are submitting feedback regarding each park. Correspondence sent to Premier Dalton Mcguinty regarding ATV trail related issues. Our point being that we are the Provincial Voice representing the best interests of ATVers in the province of Ontario.
Head Office Administrative Support:
- None of the items listed here could be managed without a strong support system through your administrative contact at the OFATV.
If you would like more information on how to start an OFATV Club in your area just contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to give you the tools you need to get started.
Being a member of the OFATV means that you’re contributing to the future of ATVing in Ontario. Every member has a vote at the club level, and the clubs ultimately determine the direction of the OFATV. In addition, the money you spend on your membership goes directly into the trails. Membership dollars maintain the trails you ride, and continue to increase riding opportunities every year. With each year the OFATV is growing the number of clubs, and increasing the kilometers of trails that are available to riders across the province. The more members we have, the faster we can grow.
As an OFATV member, you have access to thousands of kilometers of trails. The OFATV trail permit allows you to ride the trails of every OFATV club across the province. The OFATV also has a reciprocal agreements with New Brunswick ATV Federation and Prince Edward Island ATV Federation with the same OFATV permit. You simply won’t find a trail permit that provides access to more trails anywhere else. For more information on trail passes in Ontario, visit www.ofatv.org/trail-pass-info.
If riding opportunities are not enough, as an OFATV member you’re also eligible for discounts and benefits through some of our partner organizations. These include discounts at major Ontario retailers, free subscriptions to ATV magazines and access to member promotions. A full list of the current discounts and benefits associated with your membership can be found on the Member Benefits page.