Riders

Purchase your Membership/Trail Permit
Buy Now

Riders

Check out the OFATV trail network
Online Map

Riders

Where can I legally ride on the road?

Go to the Bylaw Map

Riders

ATV & SxS Laws and Regulations
Learn More

OFATV Membership/Permit Information

Annual Membership

One calendar year: $150 ($132.74 + tax) Your new or renewed OFATV Membership is much more than just a trail permit. Joining an OFATV club gives you the opportunity to shape the future of the sport and participate in the development of a province wide trail system.

Up to 75% of your membership dollars are used to build and maintain ATV trails in the area in which you chose to sponsor when you purchased your membership / trail permit. This is why it is extremely important to “buy where you ride” The remaining 25% pays for government taxes, (HST) liability insurance, government lobbying, and helps to cover the operating expenses of the OFATV.

Family Membership

The OFATV and its member clubs offer a discount for Families wishing to purchase more than 2 memberships. The Family membership discount is not available online so please contact your local Club to find a retailer / club member in your area.

Family membership rules:

1. All family members must reside in the same household (Same address) and be able to prove it to the retailer / club member with a valid ID. (Drivers license, student card, anything current with a name and address on it)

2. The cost for memberships 1 & 2 is $150.00 each (includes HST)

3. The cost for subsequent memberships is $100.00 each (Includes HST)

4. Each Family member is a full member of the OFATV with all the rights and privileges of any OFATV member in good standing

5. Each membership comes with 1 trail permit which must be permanently affixed to the ATV to be valid.

Three Day Permit

For riders who wish to try an OFATV trail for a couple of days without buying a one year membership there is an OFATV 3 DAY PASS.

Three day permits are available online or from a local club or retailers near the trail system. 3 day permits are emailed to you if you purchase online, and you must print and take the permit on the trail with you. If you purchase directly from a club or a retailer you will be required to complete a temporary permit form and a copy will be provided for you as proof of purchase while on the trails.

Three day permits are valid for 3 consecutive days starting from the date on the permit. (You may purchase a permit for a future date, simply mark the starting day of your trip on the application.)

The cost for the 3 day permit is $50 including tax.

For more information about purchasing a 3 day permit or the trails that you wish to ride, please visit the local clubs web site.

Ontario Permit Overview

What permit do I need to ride the trails? This can be a complicated question. In Ontario there are still several trail organizations that have their own permits. These permits allow you to ride the trails of the parent organization and in some cases multiple trail organizations. Here is an overview of the trail organizations in Ontario and their permits. Also shown is the trail permits in use by each organization.

The goal of the OFATV is to have one trail permit province wide which allows access to all trail systems. This work is ongoing so keep an eye on our website for changes as they come.

More information

For more information about purchasing a trail permit or the trails that you wish to ride, please visit the local clubs web site. For a complete list of clubs see our club page, or if you are unsure where the clubs are try our interactive map.

Please remember that you must always wear a helmet and follow the laws of Ontario. For a complete list please see the regulations page.